Sunday, August 14, 2011

Elvis Costello or Bruce Springsteen for talent competition?

There is a big talent competition coming up at the college I'm currently attending UC Irvine, and it's for my residency area Middle Earth. I'm trying to decide which would be the best song/songs to perform. I have a ten minute time limit, so I can use that to my advantage. One option I had was doind a medley of Elvis Costello featuring Welcome To The Working Week, The Angels Wanna Wear My Read Shoes, Oliver's Army, Veronica, Pump It Up and Radio, Radio. For that, it would just be me singing and playing distorted electric guitar. The second option I have is singing and playing acoustic guitar to The Rising by Bruce Springsteen. For that one, I was thinking of getting the audience going singing along and clapping their hands, and if they have a wireless mic, walk out into the audience and get them more excited. Bottom line though, I looking to win this, and I'm sure most people are gonna be doing ballad or slow jam covers of Bruno Mars or Jason Mraz or something along those lines. I'm looking to do something different, something creative, something that's exciting and something that's me. I sing both options pretty well for the most part and can play both on guitar. Which do you think is the best one??????

No comments:

Post a Comment